Gruyere Cheese Dip

3:37 AM



Ever since I came back from a trip to Switzerland a few years back, I haven't had any cheese fondue at all. Maybe cause I haven't stumbled across any good ones, or I was just scared that it won't be the same as the one I had. Gruyere, a cheese named after a small town in Switzerland called Gruyeres is known to be used for dipping as it's a little salty but not overpowering. 



I was at the supermarket the other day with point8cam, figuring out our dinner for the night and I suddenly had the thought (or more like a craving) to have cheese fondue. Not sure why, but it felt like I was craving for it so badly that it convinced point8cam to actually let me make a cheese fondue out from scratch. Trust me, when I cook it's rarely using a set recipe. I cook with the thought of how I expect it to taste like in the end - that's how I know what ingredients I should include in the dish. I kind of know the basics of making cheese sauce so I used that for the base before adding on other things into the pot so here goes:


1. Melt half block of butter and add a tablespoon of flour on low heat, mix well. Add milk and whisk gradually until it thickens. 
2. Add a few dashes of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, and a teaspoon of Hot English Mustard. Mix well. 
3.  Add grated cheese (grate it so it melts better) and keep stirring until everything blends. 
4. Add topping of your choice. Mine was chopped big onions, capsicum, tomato, lettuce and fried beef bacon.
5. Keep it on low heat, or on a fondue pot (even better).
6. Dip with garlic bread/ tortilla or use it as a topping for any bread you prefer.




Good luck!

Tag me @haniehidayah on instagram if you've tried any of the recipes, I'd like to see them! 

Bon Appétit 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images