Sweet Potato Mixed Salad

4:36 AM


I've always wanted to make potato salad but my husband is not a huge fan of it. I was trying to clear up my pantry and fridge earlier today so I had an excuse to whip up some using the items I had before they expire. I didn't know what I was doing, but I was just trying to recall the recipes I've seen online before while mixing things up according to palate. I like the balance of sweet in the sweet potato and the sour in the sour cream and apple cider vinegar. It was quite a filling side dish to be honest, and it serves four or more people. It goes great with some barbecued meat, so I'd suggest making this on your next BBQ or potluck party. Good luck and hopefully you'll like this recipe.



Ingredients:

- 2 large Russet Potatoes
- 2 large Sweet Potato
- 4 hard boiled Eggs, cubed. 
- 1 stalk Spring Onions, chopped.
- 1/2 medium sweet Red Onion, chopped.
- Chives, chopped into 0.5 cm pieces.
- 2 tablespoon Sour Cream
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Hot English Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 dozen Bacon (I used beef)
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cracked Pepper and Salt


How to Make:

1. Wash all potatoes thoroughly, poke holes all over using fork. Coat them with olive oil and place over a foil lined baking tray. Pop them into the oven at 240 degrees for 60 minutes or until they are soft and thoroughly cooked. When done, leave them to cool before peeling the skin off and chopped into small cubes and sprinkle some apple cider vinegar. I like to keep the skin on my russet on for some crunch. Pop in the fridge while prepping other ingredients.

2. While the potatoes are cooking, whip the sour cream, mayonnaise and hot english mustard together in a bowl. Leave them in the fridge to cool down.

3. Once the potatoes are done, cook the bacon in the oven for 10 minutes until it turns super crispy. You can use the same potato tray earlier. Chop them in small pieces when it's done. 

4. Mix together the potatoes, boiled eggs, cream mixtures, onions, spring onion, chives and bacon. Stir carefully to not mush them too much. Add some grated parmesan cheese, pepper and salt to taste.

5. Keep in the fridge before serving (but if you've kept the potatoes and cream cold earlier, they're ready to be eaten right away). 



Tag me @haniehidayah on instagram if you've tried any of the recipes, I'd like to see them! 

Bon Appétit

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images