From The Net: Salted Egg Fried Squid

11:18 PM


The reason why I started with this Quick Fix (or #kitchendiaries on instagram) was to simplify my cooking experience, and well, to get used to it after I got married. I've to admit that I used to cook a little here and there but nothing as serious as this. It also helps that over the years, I've expanded my flavour profile by trying out so many new dishes and dissecting them down to the last ingredient. I find it to be fun. And it also helps that I've my own kitchen instead of being shoo-ed away from my family kitchen cause there's no space for me to just do my little experiments here and there. It's like cooking is my new therapeutic channel, and it is nice to see people enjoy the food - fresh and healthy.

One of my university mates who recently moved to Melbourne started a cooking channel with his wife called KenduriTV. They focus on cooking tutorial videos that simplifies meals for you to try. The first dish I've tried from their many recipes would be my favorite Fried Squid with Salted Egg. I tried the exact recipe, and now know what to add next time around. 



My mistake was to use normal flour on the squid, so it hardened a little but it's nothing too tough to chew. I'll definitely try a lighter flour next time. And as the egg yolk was foaming, I'd definitely add a pinch of salt, and a teaspoon of sugar cause I remember that some restaurants did put sugar into the yolk batter. Other than that, the dish was perfect! Oh and I used 4 salted egg yolks, cause I'm just greedy like that. 


Thanks Ariff & Irna! Looking forward to your upcoming videos!




Tag me @haniehidayah on instagram if you've tried any of the recipes, I'd like to see them! 

Bon Appétit 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images