Basic Oven Roasted Chicken

11:20 PM


I'm honestly not the best cook with crazy set of skills in the kitchen. But I try to make my kitchen time enjoyable by challenging myself to cook without looking at recipes. The trick is to know your flavours very well and imagining them so you would know what do you want to taste. I usually invest in good basic stuff that can be used with almost any dishes, and I'll write about this one next time. 

Point8cam and I love our meat dishes, and since he's always wanted me to try oven-grill chickens, I did an easy one last weekend. I find that the flavours are very refreshing, wholesome and most important of all, it wasn't very difficult to cook. This was one of those things where I can just dump everything in one baking tray and let it brown in the oven while I do other things. 

I like how the marinade of the chicken is simple but tasty enough to complement the vegetables and potatoes. The mushrooms gave an earthy taste, the onions were sweet and the fresh rosemary made my house smell heavenly. I like sweet tasting vegetables, so I popped in some beans, and sliced brinjal with it. 



You can marinade the chicken overnight, or while you cut all the vegetables. Lay the chicken pieces skin side up on a foiled baking tray, use generous amounts of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, white pepper, salt, olive oil and let it sit. Cut some Russet potatoes into medium-sized chunks, big white onions, and red rose onions. Red apples are optional and would give a mild sweetness to the mixture. Throw in some rosemary (fresh if possible) on top of the mix. Dump them into the tray with the chicken and pop it into the oven at 240 degrees for 30 minutes. Meanwhile you can prep the mushrooms, extra white onions, brinjal and beans. Check if the chicken has browned slightly, if not add on more minutes until it does. Put in the veggie mix and leave it for another 5-10 minutes and your weekend dish is done!


Good luck!






Tag me @haniehidayah on instagram if you've tried any of the recipes, I'd like to see them! 

Bon Appétit 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images