Daging Telur Bungkus/ Spicy Beef in Omelette

11:23 PM


We were both pretty tired out and had so little fresh stuff to cook with so I quickly scanned through the pantry and refrigerator to see what I can whip up easily. The easiest would definitely be pasta or sandwiches but I felt like I needed something with fuller flavour. I looked at a tray of minced beef, and was reminded of a dish my parents' house helper used to make when she was working at my parents' house. I used to come back home from college for this, eaten with fluffy steamed rice. You don't need much when you have this dish as the flavour is wholesome on its own. However, she left when her mother passed away without teaching me the recipe (or any recipe in fact) so I had to dig through memory and dissect the taste on my own. I guess it turned out alright, pretty close to how I remembered it. Here's how to make this for two people:


Ingredients:

170-200g of minced beef
6 eggs
1 small red onion (sliced)
5 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
6 tablespoons of Maggi/Kimballs chilli sauce
1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of tabasco sauce
7 bird's eye chilli a.k.a cili padi (de-seeded and sliced into little pieces)
Salt and pepper to taste


Preparation:

1. Beat the eggs in a bowl, heat a small flat pan without oil on medium.
2. Once heated, pour enough batch to make flat pancakes and spread it all over. Flip over once the sides have turned up. Finish the egg and put aside the crepe-like egg pancakes on a plate.
3. On a separate pan, pour some oil and brown the onion slices and put in the minced meat. Cook until it browns.
4. Add the ketchup, chilli sauce, oyster sauce, tabasco and mix well. Leave until the sauce starts boiling.
5. Drop in the bird's eye chilli, salt & pepper. Leave for about a minute and stir.
6. Turn off heat and leave to cool a little.
7. Pour a couple of spoonful meat sauce on the egg pancake and fold the top, bottom and the sides like folding Vietnamese rolls. Flip it over to serve with rice or mashed potatoes.


p.s.: If the sauce is too spicy for you, you can leave out the tabasco, and reduce the chilli sauce.


Good luck!


Tag me @haniehidayah on instagram if you've tried any of the recipes, I'd like to see them! 

Bon Appétit 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images