Baked Eggs & Toast

10:49 PM


It's the weekend and I'm a little too attached to my sofa to drive myself out and grab some cafe grub. But I do have canned tomatoes, eggs and bread so what do I do with these? Make baked eggs and toast, of course! I've never made these and totally don't know how to but how difficult can it be, right? I must say that it's a total success, and my husband loved it. Here's the breakdown on how to make these super easy baked eggs that can be shared for two within 15minutes. 




Ingredients:

1. 3 whole eggs.
2. 2 teaspoon olive oil.
3. 3 tablespoons of canned/fresh diced tomatoes.
4. 1 tablespoon of tomato puree (optional but makes the taste much better).
5. 1/2 of a whole yellow onion.
6. Chopped garlic/ garlic powder.
7. A pinch of paprika & chilli flakes (optional)
8. Parsley (fresh/flakes)
9. Salt & Pepper to season.



How to:

1. Mix tomato puree and diced tomatoes together until blended well. Spread it at the bottom of the ramekin. Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes.
2. Spread the sliced onions and garlic/ garlic powder and crack the eggs on top.
3. Sprinkle the paprika, chilli flakes, salt and pepper over the eggs.
4. Top it with cooked sausages, bacon or cheese if you want but it's optional.
5. Bake it in the oven (about 10 minutes or less on 180 degrees celsius) until the egg whites are cooked but the yolk is still runny.
6. Enjoy it with toast.



Tag me @haniehidayah on instagram if you've tried any of my recipes, I'd like to see them! 

Bon Appétit


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images